Residential Connections (ACN: 600 166 532) advises all its customers and prospective customers to read our terms and conditions carefully. Residential Connections services include connection and comparison of Electricity and Gas through our contact centre and website. We may also offer white-labelled solution through our third party websites. Apart from our website and call centre our services may also be extended to mobile apps.
Residential Connections reserves the right to change or amend these terms and conditions by publishing on our website. You can always access our updated terms and conditions on our website. The website and its contents (including the terms and conditions) may be updated at any time without prior warning. In continuing to use the website, the customer acknowledges acceptance of any changes.Governing Law:
This agreement is between Save
On Energy Group Pty Ltd and its users (individual or Business). These services
are limited to Australia and in some cases only in few selected states of
Australia. Laws of Victoria govern this agreement.
All material contained on this website remains the property of Save On Energy Group Pty Ltd. No user may utilize, reproduce or replicate any of the material without express written permission from Residential Connections. Customers acknowledge and agree that Residential Connections owns absolutely all Intellectual Property arising out of or in relation to this Agreement regardless of whether the subject matter of such Intellectual Property is registrable and whether that Intellectual Property arises during or after the termination of this Agreement.
Any content belonging to third
parties remains the property of the specific Third Party.
Any links to third party websites or content are provided solely for the convenience of the customer. Residential Connections takes no responsibility for the content or security of third party websites. In using any third party material, the customer acknowledges that they do so at their own risk.
The website shall only be used for lawful purposes. Any unlawful use of the website may result in prosecution.
Residential Connections is responsible for updating its websites but we make no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained therein (including, but not limited to, any content or information generated on our websites by or on behalf of Residential Connections, and any Third Party Content on our website) and Residential Connections and its related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from our websites or publications.Invitation to Contact:
By submitting this application on our website or mobile site or mobile app you explicitly authorise Residential Connections to contact us via phone, SMS, MMS, emails or any other electronic or direct methods. If the phone number is on Do Not Call Register, you confirm and consent this communication to be solicited. You authorise and consent Residential Connections to contact you for marketing promotions, which include telephone, SMS, MMS, Emails or direct mails or any other format of marketing. This consent is valid the maximum time allowed by law or legal authorities like ACMA until you choose to opt out. You can opt out of these promotions by contacting Residential Connections by phone or emails.Declaration and Authorisation:
By submitting this application, users consent and explicitly authorise Save On Energy Group Pty Ltd to arrange for your connection/disconnection/Comparison of the nominated Energy products or services.
Residential Connections may need to disclose your information to its suppliers for the purpose of connecting or disconnecting your services. By submitting your application you consent and authorise us to do so.
grants Residential Connections a non exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, right to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publish and distribute all of the information and other material transmitted by the Customer using the Services, including the Intellectual Property Rights in such information.Customer Acknowledgement and Assumptions:
The Customers agree and acknowledge that in providing price comparison or quotes from our retailer partners or clients, Save On Energy or it’s white labeled partners need to make certain assumptions about the customers which include but not limited to their energy consumption and meter types or tariffs etc. We recommend our customers to participate and answers all the relevant questions to help you avail more accurate price comparison or quotes. Residential Connections may recommend offers based on your needs and our industry experience however user must judge the value of our recommendation them selves and make their own decisions. All information provided on this website or by our staff or employees is to be used at users own risk.
For better understanding nothing in this Agreement is intended to exclude, alter or limit the Customer's rights where the Customer is a Consumer under the Australian Consumer Law and where such rights and remedies cannot be excluded, modified or limited.User acknowledges and understands:
1) Residential Connections or its associated partners does not represent all retailers hence may not be offering or discussing all the services offered by the retailers including their products and goods. We only offer products, which are made available to us by the retailers.
2) Residential Connections is reliant on its retailers to update all the pricing and products. Residential Connections is not responsible for any pricing change or product change at its end.
3) Customer is free further enquiries with the retailer to check the accuracy of the product and it’s pricing.
4) Customer is solely responsible for choosing their choice of retailer or agreeing to proceed with choice recommended on our website or by our call centre staff.
5) Information supplied by the customer is taken as bona fide and Save On Energy will not verify the accuracy of the information or data supplied by the customer.
6) Residential Connections retailer partners may change from time and time and there is no guarantee we can offer customers on behalf of our retailers.
7) Saving discussed on our website or through our call centre staff is based on the input provided by you hence we are not responsible for the accuracy of the same. You may be charged a cancellation fee by your existing retailers hence we recommend you to check this for yourself prior switching.
8) You authorise Residential Connections to gather or seek National Meter Identifier (NMI) or Metering Installation Registration Number (MIRN) for the purpose of connecting your electricity or gas to the supply address.
9) You understand Residential Connections will not take any liability on behalf of its retailers in event of connection or disconnections of these services.
10) All energy connections and disconnections are carried between Monday to Friday (working days only) between 9 am to 5 pm. However, we may be able to organize an after hours connection subject to retailer's permission subject to completion of energisation.
11) Where customers connect or signs up with any or retail partners or suppliers for their chosen services you acknowledge that your application is subject to approval from our retailers. Post connection we recommend our customers to contact relevant service providers for any enquiry on their services which may include payment queries, debt, billing and monitoring etc. Save On Energy or its representatives are not responsible on behalf of their retailers for any services or claims.Assignment:
The customer must not assign, transfer or otherwise deal with all or any part of their rights or obligations under this Agreement without first obtaining the written consent from Residential Connections, which shall not be unreasonably withheld.No Partnership:
This Agreement does not create or evidence a partnership or joint venture between the parties.Indemnity:
By using this website or call centre services, the user indemnifies Save On Energy Group Pty Ltd of all liability for any damages or losses that might arise from using this website, its contents, call centre representatives, partners, Directors or any associated entities. Residential Connections may provide recommendations to the customer, the value of which the user must judge for them selves.
Customer/User hereby indemnify Residential Connections and its representative against all claims, demands, loss, damage, costs and penalties for which the customer may become liable arising from or in connection with:
provision of services with any act of the customer including but not limited to use of our website or call center services.Breach of agreement by the customer. Limitation of the liability:
Residential Connections will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss or damage of any kind recognized by law (whether under contract, or otherwise) which arise from:
(1) Using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the Website/ Call Centre and/or any Linked Sites;
(2) Errors, defects or omissions in the Website/Call Centre
(3) Delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the Website/Call Centre or Linked Sites;
(4) Defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Website, whether caused through negligence of Residential Connections, its employees or independent contractors, or through any other cause; or
(5) For any other reason permitted by law.
(6) Acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Website/ Call Centre and of the Linked Websites;
You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction and maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a direct or indirect consequence of you accessing the Website.
By using this Website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms and Conditions are reasonable.Customer Warranty:
Customer agrees not to use this site/our services for any illegal purpose.
Not to plagiarize, translate or reproduce, modify anything on our website without the prior consent from Residential Connections. Not to harm or malign our website. Will not do anything to disrupt or abort our services.
Will not use our website or call center for any commercial purpose. Will always give accurate and truthful information about themselves when using our website or interacting with our call center staff.Entire Agreement:
This Agreement is the entire agreement and understanding between the parties on everything connected with the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding on anything connected with that subject matter.Commissions Fees and Disclosures:
Residential Connections services are free of charge. Residential Connections receives commissions from its suppliers and service providers. This commission is sometimes shared with our third party channels or partners like real estate agents or associated businesses.Notices:
A notice or communication to be served or given under this Agreement must be in writing and may be served or given by any lawful means of service within the State of Victoria including without limitation service by hand delivery, ordinary, certified or registered pre-paid post or by facsimile transmission. The date a notice is deemed served, given and received is:
(a) if delivered by hand, the day of delivery but if delivery takes place after 4:00 pm on a Business Day or on a day that is not a Business Day then it is deemed served, given and received on the next Business Day;
(b) if posted, three (3) Business Days after the day it is posted;
(c) if by facsimile transmission, on the day of transmission but if transmission is not on a business day or is not completed by 4:00 pm on a Business Day then it is deemed served, given and received the next Business Day.
The address and facsimile number at which a party may be served or given notices under this Agreement is its address and facsimile number as appearing in this Agreement or such other address or facsimile number for service it notifies the other parties of in writing.Termination:
Residential Connections may terminate the access to its website or call centre any time without any notice to the user. Save On Energy is not liable for any loss or damage as a consequence to the termination.